Book Tickets Online
Brook Hall Estate & Gardens lies on the banks of the River Foyle on the edge of Derry~Londonderry. Unique in its heritage, sustainability, gardens, and exclusivity, our guided tours are not something to be missed.
Built in the 18th century, this private demesne has quietly witnessed and played a pivotal role in multiple historical events, from the Siege of Derry to the World Wars, while remaining a private family estate.
In 1856 the estate became the home of the Gilliland family who have maintained and developed this unique landscape through six generations to the present day. A joint passion and vision have led to the gardens now hosting one of the finest arboretums in the northwest of Ireland, specialising in conifers, rhododendrons, magnolias, and camellias.
In more recent years, the estate has also led the way in researching and promoting sustainability in agriculture becoming the first farm in Northern Ireland to go measurably beyond carbon neutral.
Brook Hall Estate & Gardens is open for guided tours, as well as a selection set open days throughout the year. Please get in touch for requests for private tours or hosting events on the estate.
- Activities accessible for visitors with disabilities - Accessible facilities in visitor centre and walled garden. Hard surface paths throughout the gardens, although there are some areas with steep gradients.
- All areas accessible to disabled visitors - Accessible facilities in visitor centre and walled garden. Hard surface paths throughout the gardens, although there are some areas with steep gradients.
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Ramp / Level Access
- Ramp to main entrance
- Toilets for disabled visitors
- Guided Tours Available - Guided tours are available but must be booked prior to arrival.
- Accept coach parties
- Accommodation nearby
- Cater for Corporate events
- Cater for individuals
- Cater for school groups
- Conference facilities
- Groups accepted
- Groups catered for
- Online Booking
- Prior Booking Required
- Route maps available
- Booking Required
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Coach parking
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- All major credit/debit cards accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
- Visa Debit Accepted
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Forest Location
- Free (parking charges may apply)
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
- In countryside
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
- Outdoor Attraction
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - Carbon neutral landscape destination.